DAVAO CITY – The military has confirmed Monday the killing of teenage rebel in a firefight in Davao City in southern Philippines.
Army Major Ezra Balagtey, a spokesman for the Eastern Mindanao Command, said the body of the young New People’s Army rebel was recovered a day the clash in the village of Paradise Embac in Paquibato district.
Fighting erupted after rebels ambushed a group of soldiers dispatched to the village to intercept the gunmen. Two soldiers were killed and 6 more wounded in the clash.
Ezra said the body of the 17-year old rebel was handed over to the village chieftain by a group of unidentified men for his family to retrieve. It was not immediately known whether they were rebels or not.
“The cadaver was retrieved and identified after it was turned over by unidentified persons to the Barangay Captain of Paradise Embac,” he said, adding, the slain rebel was a native of Paquibato district and had been identified by one of his cousins.
The military condemned the NPA for using teenager in their violent separatist campaign in the country. (Mindanao Examiner)
Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MindanaoExamine
Read Our News on: http://www.mindanaoexaminer.com /http://mindanaoexaminernewspaper.blogspot.com/
Share Our News
Digital Archives: issuu.com/mindanaoexaminernewspaper