FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Compleaños de La Virgen Maria by Mayor Beng Climaco

IN TODAY’S homily, Fr. Jude Duncombe emphasized: “Na corazon de Maria talya si Hesus, Na corazon de Hesus talya si Maria! The devotion to the twin hearts of Jesus and Mary.” 


“Blessed are you, holy Virgin Mary, deserving of all praise; from you rose the sun of justice, Christ our God.” (Gospel Acclamation)

Mayor Beng Climaco

Yesterday, in an Interview by Al Alhabshi (of TV-11), I was asked with all I had, what are our plans with my husband to bear a child? I was in the cemetery visiting my parents and offering prayers at that time. In a small cubicle was Jose Maria Trifonia Climaco-Salazar, who at five months resulted to an ectopic pregnancy. I almost died but losing her life was a great suffering.

Today (September 😎 is Mama Mary’s birthday. Jesus’ attachment and love could not deny His mother the miracle in the wedding of Cana as attested by Fr. Jude. Miss Universe Sushmita Sen in 1977 said the “essence of a woman is being a mother”! Motherhood for me goes beyond the act of child bearing. Women have the inborn capacity to nurture and nourish that balances with man’s act to provide, to protect and to toil.

Amongst many greetings I got yesterday were greetings from my God-children who call me “Nanay” - the Lapu2x Warriors, the Super-friends and the Super Family born out of friendship as they were Company Commanders during their military service in Zamboanga. Another officer in the Air Force greeted me “MA” as he is an adopted son when he was still a cadet.

I was also greeted by my students - my special sons whose unique abilities made them dream beyond what I could imagine, Atty. Martin Loon and Atty. Kenneth Vincent Beldua, the BC Team, and my Step Children and Apos. Our eldest, Tania, sent me a wonderful birthday message expressing how I inspire her toward a big future and said how, me, as her Lola, has the capacity to make everyone in the family feel loved and being cared for! 

This is what MARY, our Mother is to us. So was she with Jesus and the apostles. She makes us feel her Son’s love and her care for us. Today we pray for all mothers and all who nurture us to be loving guides in our life, male included, who are always present like Mary even in the midst of hardships! Gracias dearest Mother Mary. We offer our lives to you. Lead us to Jesus your Son! Feliz Compleaños!


Like Us on Facebook: The Mindanao Examiner
Like Us on Facebook: The Zamboanga Post
Follow Us on Twitter: Mindanao Examine
Mirror Site: Mindanao Examiner Blog
Digital Archives: Mindanao Examiner Digital
Media Rates: Advertising Rates




No comments:

Post a Comment