Mascot HTML

Radyo Mindanao (Islamic Hour) February 15, 2019

Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper Feb. 18-24, 2019

Friday, February 15, 2019

HOT OFF THE PRESS: The Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper Feb. 18-24, 2019

 
For all your publication needs and advertisements, please call Sales and Advertising Department at telephone numbers (062) 992-5480 in Zamboanga City and (082) 284-1859 in Davao City or mobile numbers (0995) 520-2358, (0997) 317-2021 and (0947) 482-3453. Or you may e-mail us at mindanaoexaminer@gmail.com

 
Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MindanaoExamine
Read And Share Our News: https://www.mindanaoexaminer.com
Mirror Site: https://mindanaoexaminernewspaper.blogspot.com
Digital Archives: https://issuu.com/mindanaoexaminernewspaper
Media Rates: https://mindanaoexaminer.com/ad-rates

 
Thank you so much for visiting our website. Your small donation will ensure the continued operation of the Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper. Thank you again for supporting us.  BPI: 952 5815649  Landbank: 195 113 9935

Re-electionist Sen. JV Ejercito bats for the creation of ‘Luzon Growth Triangle’

RE-ELECTIONIST Senator JV “Mr. Healthcare” Ejercito on Friday batted for the development of a “Luzon Growth Triangle” which would stimulate rapid economic boom as well as sustain growth in the region.


He said the growth triangle should also include the full development of Clark International Airport, a modern railway system, and vital road networks “to ensure seamless delivery of goods, services, and people.”

“I have been very vocal in pushing for the creation of a ‘Luzon Growth Triangle’ composed mainly of Subic, Manila, and Batangas. This will not only bring economic growth in the region, which will benefit the whole country also, but also create jobs for our workers,” he said.

Ejercito, who remains popular among Filipinos due to his many achievements and bills passed, said Luzon should evolve into an “investment magnet” that would attract both foreign and local investors. 

“I am really for massive infrastructure program and modern railway system. I am running now for my reelection because I really want to push for these. One of the reasons why I would want to run (again) kasi gusto ko talagang tutukan ito. I am the only one that is really passionately talking about the railway system, the modernization plan of airports at kapag nanalo ako, talagang tututukan natin ‘yan,” he said.


Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MindanaoExamine
Share Our News: https://www.mindanaoexaminer.com
Mirror Site: https://mindanaoexaminernewspaper.blogspot.com
Digital Archives: https://issuu.com/mindanaoexaminernewspaper
Media Rates: https://mindanaoexaminer.com/ad-rates

Thank you so much for visiting our website. Your small donation will ensure the continued operation of the Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper. Thank you again for supporting us.  BPI: 952 5815649  Landbank: 195 113 9935

Abu Sayyaf militant captured in Sabah

ZAMBOANGA CITY – An Abu Sayyaf militant, who fled the Philippines in March last year, has been arrested in Sabah where he was working as a construction man, Malaysian media reported Friday.

Quoting an official police report, Malay Mail said the 21-year old militant, whose identity was not made public by security officials, illegally entered Malaysia in 2018 and is highly skilled in handling firearms.

The Filipino is believed to be a follower of Puruji Indama, whose notorious group, is operating in Basilan, just 30 minutes by boat from the southern port city of Zamboanga. “The department also scored another hit when they arrested a Filipino man who is a member of the notorious Abu Sayyaf Group, known for its kidnapping-for-ransom cases in southern Philippines and Sabah.”

“The suspect aged 21 had illegally entered Malaysia in March 2018 and have been working at a construction site. The suspect is highly skilled in handling firearms and has direct connections with Furuji Indama, the current leader of ASG,” said Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun.

He said 5 other suspected terrorists were also captured separately in anti-terror raids in Malaysia. One of them is a 48-year old Singaporean man, who had planned to attack the Freemason building in Johor, according to Harun.

He said they are also holding a 31-year old Bangladeshi, who was arrested in Selangor, and is a supporter of ISIS who was involved in recruiting local militants for the extremist group. And two Malaysian suspects, both aged 38, who were deported to Malaysia after they were found to have channelled funds to ISIS militants while working at a farm abroad.

Harun said police also arrested another terror suspect from a South Asia country in Selangor after police received information that the 26-year old militant had been giving protection to another terror suspect whose name is listed under Interpol’s red notice for his involvement in serious terror activities.

No other details were made available by the police on the Filipino, except all of those arrested have been detained under the Security Offences Act of 2012. The Philippines’ Department of Foreign Affairs and the Armed Forces of the Philippines, including the Philippine National Police, have not release any report about the Filipino militant’s arrest. (Mindanao Examiner)




Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MindanaoExamine
Share Our News: https://www.mindanaoexaminer.com
Mirror Site: https://mindanaoexaminernewspaper.blogspot.com
Digital Archives: https://issuu.com/mindanaoexaminernewspaper
Media Rates: https://mindanaoexaminer.com/ad-rates

Thank you so much for visiting our website. Your small donation will ensure the continued operation of the Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper. Thank you again for supporting us.  BPI: 952 5815649  Landbank: 195 113 9935

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Security forces raid illegal gun shop in Maguindanao

COTABATO CITY – Policemen, backed by army soldiers, raided early Friday an illegal gun shop supplying weapons to pro-ISIS groups and criminal gangs in the town of Buluan in Maguindanao, one of 5 provinces under the Muslim autonomous region, officials said.

Officials said security forces arrested a 60-year old gunsmith Abusama Abpun and seized four assorted rifles, including six Tommy guns and a tripod for .50-caliber heavy machine gun and several unassembled firearms.





 
Military photos released to the regional newspaper Mindanao Examiner show security forces following a raid January 15, 2019 on an illegal gun shop in Maguindanao province.

Police Senior Superintendent James Gulmatico, regional chief of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, said Abpun was believed to be supplying weapons to the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) and criminal groups in the province.

“The suspect was the source of firearms for criminal elements, including the BIFF. Our informant showed us videos of the suspect while repairing a gun owned by a BIFF member who personally brought the defective weapon to his shop,” he said, adding, they had a warrant to search Abpun’s premises.

Lieutenant Colonel Harold Cabunoc, commander of 33rd Infantry Battalion, who led soldiers in the operation, said the campaign against lawlessness is gaining grounds following the arrest of Abpun. “We have removed another logistics support source of the BIFF and other lawless elements. We will defeat them by cutting-off the sources of their weapons,” he said.

There was no immediate statement from the governor of Maguindanao, Esmael Mangudadatu, on the presence of the illegal gun shop in his hometown. (Mindanao Examiner)


Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MindanaoExamine
Share Our News: https://www.mindanaoexaminer.com
Mirror Site: https://mindanaoexaminernewspaper.blogspot.com
Digital Archives: https://issuu.com/mindanaoexaminernewspaper
Media Rates: https://mindanaoexaminer.com/ad-rates

Thank you so much for visiting our website. Your small donation will ensure the continued operation of the Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper. Thank you again for supporting us.  BPI: 952 5815649  Landbank: 195 113 9935

NPA frees 6 militias, but kills 2 soldiers in patrol base raid in South

DAVAO CITY – Communist insurgents freed six out of over a dozen soldiers and militias they captured in southern Philippines and at the same time raided a military post and killing 2 soldiers and wounding another in the restive region.

Army Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, a spokesman for the Eastern Mindanao Command, said rebels released militias Jurian Gaviola, Marson and Hermito Iligan, Bienvinido Lamion, Eddie Tindoy and Sanny Malobay in Agusan del Norte’s Bayugan City late Thursday. But seven other militias and two soldiers remain captive in the province.

The hostages were seized by rebels in December last year following a firefight in Sibagat town, according to Balagtey.

He said the rebels released the militias to a third party facilitator, including the International Committee of the Red Cross, and handed them over to the 401st Infantry Brigade also in the town. “The release was brought about by the pressure of the relentless military operations to rescue the kidnapped troops,” he said.

Balagtey said despite the release of the hostages, rescue operation still continue in the province. He said Maj. Gen. Felimon Santos Jr, the regional military commander, ordered the operation. “As of this time, our units in the area are continuously conducting military operations to rescue the remaining troops who are still being held and used as human shield and propaganda subject by the NPA,” Balagtey said.

This was confirmed by Santos, who also branded the release as rebel propaganda. “We assure our communities that this will not affect our effort and commitment in protecting our people,” he said.
A rebel spokesperson, Ka Malem Mabini, said NPA fighters also raided late Thursday a patrol base of the 1st Special Forces - Civilian Active Auxiliary in Dalwangan village in Bukidnon’s Malaybalay City and killed two soldiers and wounded another.

Mabini said rebel forces also seized 7 assorted automatic rifles from soldiers. “In this military action, it was confirmed that two officers of the Special Forces were killed while one soldier was also wounded. The Red armies also seized seven different high-powered rifles from the soldiers,” he said. Balagtey confirmed the fighting and said 4 rebels were reported slain in the clash. He said about 30 rebels attacked the patrol base, sparking a firefight.

He said an 11-man army team was constructing a patrol base in the village when rebels assaulted the soldiers, who fought the attackers and eventually fled and leaving behind 2 automatic rifles and two landmines. “Pursuit operation is going now,” he said.

The rebels have been fighting for many decades now for the establishment of a separate state in the country. Peace talks with Manila collapsed last year after rebel negotiators rejected President Duterte’s demand for the NPA to sign a cease-fire agreement. The NPA said it will only agree on the truce if Duterte frees over 500 rebels languishing in prisons across the country. (Mindanao Examiner)


Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MindanaoExamine
Share Our News: https://www.mindanaoexaminer.com
Mirror Site: https://mindanaoexaminernewspaper.blogspot.com
Digital Archives: https://issuu.com/mindanaoexaminernewspaper
Media Rates: https://mindanaoexaminer.com/ad-rates

Thank you so much for visiting our website. Your small donation will ensure the continued operation of the Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper. Thank you again for supporting us.  BPI: 952 5815649  Landbank: 195 113 9935

Sayyafs kill soldier, 3 more wounded in Philippine clash

SULU – Abu Sayyaf militants killed a government soldier and wounded 3 more in a firefight Thursday in the southern Philippine town of Patikul.

The fighting lasted over 20 minutes, but there was no immediate report of enemy casualties. At least 30 militants clashed with troops in Igasan village where security forces have been pursuing the pro-ISIS militants.

The military’s Western Mindanao Command did not issue any press release on the latest fighting and had not given reports since the deadly twin suicide bombings on the cathedral in Jolo town on January 27.

President Duterte ordered the military to destroy the Abu Sayyaf, whose leaders have pledged allegiance to the Islamic State. (Mindanao Examiner)

Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MindanaoExamine
Share Our News: https://www.mindanaoexaminer.com
Mirror Site: https://mindanaoexaminernewspaper.blogspot.com
Digital Archives: https://issuu.com/mindanaoexaminernewspaper
Media Rates: https://mindanaoexaminer.com/ad-rates

Thank you so much for visiting our website. Your small donation will ensure the continued operation of the Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper. Thank you again for supporting us.  BPI: 952 5815649  Landbank: 195 113 9935

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Gunmen strafe cargo truck, kills 1 in Basilan

ZAMBOANGA CITY – Unidentified gunmen strafed a truck loaded with lumber and killed its driver while four others managed to flee from the attack in the troubled province of Basilan in southern Philippines.

Police said the attack occurred late Wednesday afternoon in Macalang village in Al-Barka town and killed the 45-year old driver Roel Sanson. His companions fled from the truck on the first volley of gunfire and ran until they reached an army detachment and sought help.

The victim and his group were engaged in lumber trading, according to the police, but the motive of the attack remains unknown. No individual or group claimed responsibility for the ambush which happened despite the expanded martial law in the restive region due to threats of rebellion and terrorism.

Just recently, a logger was also killed by rebels after he failed to recite Muslim prayers in Maluso town also in Basilan. (Mindanao Examiner)


Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mindanaoexaminer
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MindanaoExamine
Share Our News: https://www.mindanaoexaminer.com
Mirror Site: https://mindanaoexaminernewspaper.blogspot.com
Digital Archives: https://issuu.com/mindanaoexaminernewspaper
Media Rates: https://mindanaoexaminer.com/ad-rates

Thank you so much for visiting our website. Your small donation will ensure the continued operation of the Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper. Thank you again for supporting us.  
BPI: 952 5815649  Landbank: 195 113 9935