FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Sunday, August 2, 2020

‘Go and Be the Mayor,’ God tells Zamboanga Mayor

CHIEF COVID frontliner Zamboanga Mayor Beng Climaco was tested again for coronavirus infection for the second time after being exposed to Covid-19. And she said by God’s grace, her test came out negative for the virus.


‘Beng swabbed anew, negative 
for deadly virus’

Climaco described her ordeal in her reflection she wrote on her Facebook page, recalling the moment she was told to undergo a second Covid test after a colleague at work contracted the respiratory disease.

The fear of getting the virus and infecting loved ones and other people was instant for the mayor - that feeling of paranoia - but Climaco’s strong faith in God and prayers were her weapons to fight Covid.

Mayor Beng Climaco is tested for coronavirus infection.
“This week, God tested my faith once more as Covid continues to manifest its presence on people, in the workplace and to those who are dear to me. We were required to have ourselves swabbed for the second time due to exposure to Covid-positive colleagues at the workplace. There is a paralyzing paranoia that this pandemic brings - sadness and helplessness, seeing those dear to me infected and that double edge sword that, I myself can also infect members of my own household and my loved ones,” she said.

“But we need to fight our fear and bravely submit to be tested once again. What I also feared most is the possibility of infecting my husband, my dear Mama Lu and the seniors at home because of my exposure and compounded with the bigger problem of rising confirmed Covid cases and yes, the responsibility too of taking care of the entire Zamboanga City in my hands. I always resort to prayer, asking God to direct and guide me in all these trials. After being tested, I sought the intercession of Nuestra Señora La Virgen Pilar!” Climaco wrote in her Sunday reflection.

“I kept praying and with Mama Mary and Jesus, God’s message was ‘Go and be the Mayor’, I held on counting my prayers with my husband beside me. The challenges continue and I realize, people matter and our health is wealth for us to help heal others too! Paz de Dios! Do not give up! God’s love will triumph in our multiple trials!” Climaco said.

Work never stops for Mayor Beng Climaco to ensure the welfare and safety of the Zamboangueño people amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
In her reflection, the hardworking mayor said the responsibility was so heavy with the fear of infecting others. “I have personal fears and hung on to God to keep my peace and stability because of my duty to serve Zamboanga. After the virtual mass, my student Dr. Justin Paber (of the Zamboanga City Medical Center), informed me of the negative test results. Thanks be to God!”

And she also quoted three Parables in the Bible, reflecting on the chapter and verses of the Book of Matthew 13:44-52 about the Kingdom of Heaven, and despite being under immense pressure and burden of taking care not only herself, her family and loved ones and her people, Climaco managed to carry on and continues her duties as the Mother of Zamboanga and Mayor to all.

Early in July, Climaco also underwent Covid-19 testing and was swabbed after she was exposed to an infected official who was recently in Zamboanga with other guests who delivered equipment for the biomolecular laboratory of the Philippine Red Cross. She turned out negative for the virus. (Zamboanga Post)


Like Us on Facebook: The Mindanao Examiner
Like Us on Facebook: The Zamboanga Post
Follow Us on Twitter: Mindanao Examine
Mirror Site: Mindanao Examiner Blog
Digital Archives: Mindanao Examiner Digital
Media Rates: Advertising Rates



No comments:

Post a Comment