FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Sunday Reflection by Mayor Beng Climaco

TODAY WE are called to read and reflect on God’s word written in the Bible. One of my oldest was dedicated when I was in college in 1986 by Fr. Ben Y. Sim, S.J. May we seek God’s meaning and purpose in life by reading, reflecting and living the teachings of Christ in the Bible. 

Reading II 

1 Cor 7:29-31

“I tell you, brothers and sisters, the time is running out.”

As I prepare for my 8th State of the City Report (on January 26), I am made aware of TIME! For some it is just the start of the year, but for me I see it as my last full year and 6 months to end my term as Mayor. Poreso bien importante el tiempo trabaja mas para na maga vivientes cay este mandato del elegido oficiales es un oportunidad de servir y un regalo. Si cosa man ya falta, tene pa tiempo corregi para empuja cambio. 

The attitude and spirit of Gratitude to God, with the wisdom of the Holy Spirit through Mama Mary’s intercession is essential. Time is running out and we must all work harder for our people! And in 1:Cor. 7:29 “For the world in its present form is passing away.” Once time passes, impossible ya hace bira el tiempo, since we live once and must live it to the fullest! 

Gospel

Mk 1:14-20 

“This is the time of fulfilment.”

The kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.” The Call of the Apostles as explained in different reflections is also our call. One of my favorite songs is “Wherever You Will Go” by The Calling! I had a magical moment when my nephew Walfrido “Pepi” jammed with me in our fonda days in Cabatangan. I played the song as an orientation to the Sanggunian Kabataan Batch hoping to inculcate the values of service. 

Last December, I was surprised that Michael a.k.a. Tiny sang the song for the Department Heads year-end meeting. We are all called by God and time is precious. I was stunned in amazement when President-Elect Joe Biden attended mass at St. Matthews Cathedral. I told Michael Saavedra about it only to discover exactly a year ago on the same date, we attended mass there too. 

What could God be telling us? St. Matthews was where JFK’s Funeral Mass was held. And since my discovery in my National Movement of Young Legislators Days as a delegate of the American Council of Young Political Leaders, I have made it a point to visit St. Matthews. God chose us with Mayor Inday Sara Duterte to go on an International Visitor Leadership program in 2020 for a purpose. Our gratitude to God and the US Government.

Viewing President Biden’s Oath, I am reminded of God’s blessing. Like him, God blessed me with a mandate whose victory was not acknowledged by my opponent, instead protested in Comelec, but with God’s grace, we were affirmed. Thanks to our Legal Team - Atty. JA and the brilliant SSB! 

Like Biden, my husband underwent an operation in the head, but God saved them both. All these are lessons we can indeed learn. Loving God, forgiving those who detest and destroy us and being caring, kind and compassionate. We only LIVE ONCE, let us MAKE THE MOST of GOD’S LIFE for us! (MBC)


Like Us on Facebook: The Mindanao Examiner
Like Us on Facebook: The Zamboanga Post
Follow Us on Twitter: Mindanao Examine
Mirror Site: Mindanao Examiner Blog
Digital Archives: Mindanao Examiner Digital
Media Rates: Advertising Rates




No comments:

Post a Comment