FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Friday, March 26, 2021

Sunday Reflection by Mayor Beng Climaco

  Fifth Sunday of Lent

Jeremiah 31:31-34, Psalm 51:3-4, 12-13, 14-15 Hebrews 5:7-9, John 12:20-33

(TODAY, March 21), SR. MARY GLORIA, of Carmel OCD Zamboanga City, celebrated her 50th Jubilee of her profession of vows to God. Fr. Cantico Muñoz in the homily highlighted God’s presence in our journey. For someone like him from Tanjay City, in Negros Oriental, Sr. Gloria renounced everything to follow the Lord! We have been blessed by their mission in Zamboanga City. 

(Yesterday,) we rushed to Baliwasan Seaside to help in the conflagration. As I arrived, someone led me to the area like an angel guiding me. My pink boots caught the wire and I almost stumbled. There was a thick black burned wood, grey smoke and hot wall with the ground wet with water, people in shock, wanting to save what was left. 

On our way out with Councilor Pinpin Pareja, a slim figure met us crying and concerned. This beautiful lady, Kagawad Jeng Tawasil, recounted the tragedy on how the fire started in an abandoned area. They instinctively saved their loved ones. She also had a brother who served in the Barangay Council previously. 

Despite of her lost, only the clothes in her body, I saw the beautiful heart of a Moslem sister in her, she abandoned her need and even went to the Baliwasan Central School later because of her big love for the people. Her concern was to serve, to care and to help amidst her loss. In pangatayan niya landoh makasi iban malasa pa mga manusiya. 

Meeting with BFP and PNP officials and Councilor El King Omaga, we surveyed the seaside area. A 3-storey house would serve as a lookout tower. My heart bled seeing the burned appliances and the master’s bedroom all covered na carbon. The stairway was still burning and we had to retreat. On our way out, young Moslem men, mothers, and grandmothers responded with so much gratitude despite the loss. 

Councilor El King Omaga mobilized assistance with bread, and support very early past 4 a.m. while Councilor Pinpin Pareja shared vehicles para lleva maga victima na Baliwasan School. I saw generosity in place with another Moslem family setting up table with coffee and pan de sal. A PNP personnel stood with his wife still dedicated with the issued firearm amidst the loss. 

Later Congressman Jawo Jimenez would lead many to help out the CSWDO and Barangay Captain Joel Esteban mobilized the L200 vehicle to help out. As I nursed my blistered feet helping the fire fighters as Uncle Cesar did, amidst the pain, love and kindness prevailed! 

Last Sunday, we had a medical emergency and my dear classmate Dr. May Gonzales, as God used her to save my life, referred me to Dr. Alex Cerillo. I accompanied my dear Mama Lu and we were met by Mrs. Cerillo and our experience in the clinic was swift and comforting. Later on, Dr. Anna-Lissa Ruste Chan relieved me of my discomfort. They are angels that make me bow down in gratitude to God! Gracias damu gid nga salamat! 

This week was the Feast of St. Joseph and 150 years ago was declared patron of the Universal Church. He is a special patron in my life who interceded for me to have a husband like Jose my dad. In our problems like St. Theresa of Avila and Pope Francis, we go to Joseph. Like our Blessed Mother Mary, they intercede for us to Jesus. Despite of challenges, God answers my prayer. “Create a clean heart in me and grant me a steadfast spirit!” He reminds me that he led me to victory and serve as Mayor and despite of my faults and failures for as long as I surrender in FAITH to GOD we will prevail. 

GOD called me and led me to serve Him as Mayor and He will grant me the strength to persevere if I surrender to HIM. Ipaglalaban ko ito for the people, for our colleagues and above all, for God! Just as Sr. Gloria and Kagawad Jeng has shown, may we totally surrender all to God and abandon our concerns to God! 

The essence of our Salvation is narrated in today’s Reading II, Heb 5:7-9. In the days when Christ Jesus was in the flesh, He offered prayers and supplications with loud cries and tears to the one who was able to save him from death, and He was heard because of His reverence Son though He was, He learned obedience from what He suffered; and when He was made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him. (MBC)

 Like Us on Facebook: The Mindanao Examiner
Like Us on Facebook: The Zamboanga Post
Follow Us on Twitter: Mindanao Examine
Mirror Site: Mindanao Examiner Blog
Digital Archives: Mindanao Examiner Digital
Media Rates: Advertising Rates


No comments:

Post a Comment