FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Sunday Reflection by Mayor Beng Climaco

 Sixth Sunday of Easter

Acts 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48

Psalm 98:1, 2-3, 3-4

1 John 4:7-10; John 15:9-17

TODAY, WE dedicate our reflection to all mothers, they are God-given and we commit them to Mary our Mother. Jesus said to his disciples: “As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love... This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends!” 

Mothers give their life for their children from the 9-month cycle to delivery and growth. A mother will always give and keep giving love for her Children so as Father's too. “God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through Him.” In this is love: Not that we have loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as expiation for our sins!” 

We are because of God. And as Mary our Mother gave birth to Jesus, we honor our mothers today. We lost our mother at age 48 and I was 18 years old then. Through the years and even now, I have special people I treasure as my Mom. There is my Ninang Pet, my Mom's sister who took care of us in the U.S., our dear Mama Lu at 76 who prepares wonderful meals for us. I have a Moslem Mom – Mindah, who makes it a point to prepare a huge pail of Lokot-Lokot and Baulu for my birthday; a Chinese Mom - Auntie Rose Luy, always a joy with her surprises at my age and even treats for my fur loves, from New Zealand; Lola Falding, a super generous dear Mother who always gives generously, and Mommy Ester Orendain with her turon and palabok. I just realized, food binds them perhaps because a mother nurtures and cares. 

Before the lockdown, I visited them, giving roses and chocolates, not really seeing them in person because of Covid-19 protocols. Today, I got a special greeting from someone oceans away who lost his mom. He sent his video and was thankful for helping him through his studies with Wella. He is now an officer of a ship that could accommodate 6,000 people. 

I also got a surprise from my Britto Babies, who turns 25 ADZU HIGH school honorees and some parents. Atty. Kenneth Beldua sent me a text as his foster mom. My heart is overjoyed! I may not have gotten any bouquets this year because of the Sunday Lockdown, but the greetings are enough joy for a mother! Gracias a Dios por todo Nana y junto con La Virgen Maria di aton agradecimiento! Amen. (MBC)


Like Us on Facebook: The Mindanao Examiner
Like Us on Facebook: The Zamboanga Post
Follow Us on Twitter: Mindanao Examine
Mirror Site: Mindanao Examiner Blog
Digital Archives: Mindanao Examiner Digital
Media Rates: Advertising Rates

 



No comments:

Post a Comment