FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Sunday, August 29, 2021

OPINION: Sunday Reflection by Mayor Beng Climaco

“AS FOR me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” 

Today’s Readings and Gospel reiterates the Call of Discipleship in following Jesus. The Second Reading speaks of marital commitment and the love of husband and wife. “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the church and handed himself over for her to sanctify her, cleansing her by the bath of water with the word, that he might present to himself the church in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing,

that she might be holy and without blemish.”

 

The Gospel highlights the Call in Following Jesus. Many abandoned Jesus because they found His teachings too difficult. “For this reason I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by my Father.” Jesus then said to the Twelve: “Do you also want to leave?” Simon Peter answered him, “Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of God.”

 

PERSEVERANCE - this is the word I got from Fr. Bill Abbott, S.J., In all instances as husband and wife, as a family, as a community, we need to persevere because LIFE is never easy. We find a higher value and meaning in life- JESUS! Earlier on, the Camino Nuevo CLC had our prayer meeting. I could admire members who have persevered and became resilient from the difficulties life brought them.


Last week was a very difficult week, I woke up at 3 a.m. just to monitor the border and Covid cases. Eventually death struck one victim. Prayers were offered for the deceased. I got tired, stressed frustrated at actions of people I expected would help but they chose the “EASY” way out. Do I give-up? Yes in a way I had to resign from BIG task choosing to FOCUS on a Greater Calling - ZAMBOANGA CITY. My body in pain, sleepless and restless nights. Do I give up? I chose JESUS WHO IS OUR STRENGTH. 


Life is difficult...but, we have JESUS who carried us to Calvary to Victory. This gives meaning in my life to persevere and carry my cross. All these challenges are part of life. We persevere because God's love sustains us...and makes our burden light! Stay our course, no mas perde esperanza. El Dios mas poderos na pandemia y problema! Our God is GREAT! (MBC)



No comments:

Post a Comment