FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Sunday, February 13, 2022

OPINION: Sunday Reflection by Mayor Beng Climaco (Zamboanga City)

‘In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.’

TODAY’s Psalm is a realization of what transpired in office. We were distributing vitamins to all the offices of the City Government, then came the Engineer’s Office and a literal “Angel” came and whispered God’s seal of consolation.

Sir Angel Basco seems very formal and serious in appearance at first glance, but is the sweet, encouraging colleague who is generous with words of support. We took photos for documentation with Kenneth and Pia. Then he gave me a thumbs-up of encouragement, addressing the critics who took offence at my joyful welcome to VP Leni Robredo. 

He says about me - “Right kel suyo of SELF-EXPRESSION!” GRACIAS A DIOS, for the wisdom of Sir Angel who chooses to see the goodness in others rather than infecting a Covid pandemic world with the virus of hate! 

“Because of your kindness and your truth; for you have made great above all things your name and your promise. When I called, you answered me; you built up strength within me.” 

Right to Self-Expression! We forget about this. As our true selves is an evolution of our identity in the stages of life. What made me dance was the feeling that I missed the Street Dance and festivity we had prior to the pandemic. And the energy of the dancers and drummers was a form of Praise to God as we honour those who bring the gift of dance, music, and celebration. 

I dance, to thank God for this gift, which began when Mrs. Dolores Cruz told me to dance in Grade 6, when I was so shy. This is God’s gift that I share. I join my Zumba sisters and brothers with advocacy on breast cancer prevention and stress reliever. 

The senior citizens, the women, the urban poor, the youth, the beneficiaries of the Covid pandemic smile when we express joy amid the pain, para dale esperanza que el Dios dale canaton buen futuro y prosperidad! Jeremiah 29:11 my call to be Mayor. 

As I narrow down to the last four months of my term as Mayor, I live each day giving my BEST to God and Zamboanga City down to my very last day on June 30, 2022. So many people we need to reach out and share the services of the Government with the help of our co-workers. 

I am consoled by these words in the Second Reading: “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective. Indeed, I have toiled harder than all of them; not I, however, but the grace of God that is with me.” 

The Gospel: DUC IN ALTUM! “Put out into deep water and lower your nets for a catch.” JESUS COMMANDS us to cast our nets for a catch! As Councilor, as Vice-Mayor, as Representative in Congress, this has been God’s call. A nun in the Davao Airport pointed this call to me. And I realized, as I end my term as Mayor, I am still called by Jesus to lower my net in my journey and where He calls me. Here, I am Lord! SI SEÑOR! (MBC)



No comments:

Post a Comment