FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Task force verifying reports of missing Pinoy fishermen in WPS

NATONAL TASK  Force for the West Philippine Sea (NTF-WPS) chairperson Hermogenes Esperon Jr. said they will look into claims made by presidential aspirant Senator Panfilo "Ping" Lacson that some Filipino fishermen went missing in these waters.

"Mag-verify lang ako kasi wala syang sinasabing dates (I will verify as he did not give any dates)," Esperon, who is also National Security Adviser, added in an interview with reporters Monday night.

Asked if he had received such reports much earlier, Esperon said he could not be sure as there was nothing specific to work with.

"So ang magagawa ko lang (what I could do now) is to check also, I'll check, as of now, wala sa fingertips ko yan eh (there is nothing yet in my fingertips)," Esperon said.

Defense Secretary Lorenzana also said he has yet to receive any information on the incident. "No, I don't (have information). I'll check," he said when sought for comment. (Priam Nepomuceno)



No comments:

Post a Comment