FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Friday, May 20, 2022

OPINION: Sunday Reflection by Mayor Beng Climaco (Zamboanga City)

“THEY STRENGTHENED the spirits of the disciples and exhorted them to persevere in the faith, saying, It is necessary for us to undergo many hardships to enter the kingdom of God.” This is my understanding of the reality of life that things are difficult and we must undergo these challenges. Ademas este el realidad, di aton fe, amor y esperanza ta sustena canaton. We are called to PERSEVERE IN FAITH.

 

After the results of May 9 elections, I just cling on to Jesus praying most fervently to the Holy Family. This loss is the reason why I was born, why I entered politics and this is where I am right now. In all humility I accept defeat and pray for God's grace. The operative word that guides me is Gratitude to God for ALL! 

There is this saying for those who lost: “Ta coge apan!” Catching Dragonflies. I do not know the exact meaning of this and how it came about. But on our Miting de Avance, dragonflies swarmed me and I saw a dead dragonfly. I searched what it meant: A dead dragonfly is an omen that we must allow transformation in our life in order to reach the best version of ourselves. Allow what no longer serves you to leave your life. Remember, even though it might be painful, every ending allows for a new, beautiful beginning to flourish. May 15, 2021. (https://symbolsandsynchronicity.com) 

Lo and behold even in my table in the City Hall, the pot where I put candies had a dragonfly. “Then I, John, saw a new heaven and a new earth.” There is a call for renewal and faith in God. “Behold, God’s dwelling is with the human race. He will dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself will always be with them as their God.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, for the old order has passed away.” 

The One who sat on the throne said: “Behold, I make all things new.” Lord renew us unto your image and likeness!  And so as was commanded by Jesus, I abide by Him. “My children, I will be with you only a little while longer. I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (MBC)



No comments:

Post a Comment