FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Sunday, February 5, 2023

OPINION: ‘Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted’ By Mayor Beng Climaco (Zamboanga City)

BONG SENT me the Gospel text to start the day in prayer. Despite the many readings of the beatitudes, even exam texts in Fr. Yatco's class, it is only now that this bears meaning.

In our CLC Kumustahan: How our heart was doing, I shared. I feel like a heavy metal sheet pressing on my chest, my heart split into two by a sword broken and bleeding. It is agonizing at times as i walk in public and even be in familiar places i have been with my husband TP. 

I have lost loved ones and have grieved before. Here I am again mourning the loss of my support, my security my strength. Simple things as seeing his toothbrush, pillow which will no longer be used. In mass today was an Empty Seat beside me. I will miss his firm hands that will clasp mine as we walk, as we sleep and as we pray the Our Father in Mass. 

The food is not satisfying, I have no interest in TV and things I use to enjoy. The drive is gone, something and someone is missing. I spend time reading Joyce Rupp’s “Praying our Goodbyes!” 

Chito Sobrepeña, handed me the book before the funeral. As I spend time in solitude back home, I ask God to whisper His consolation in the events that transpire. The novena Mass in Our Lady Purification is a welcome to bring me back home. I am greeted by parishioners and feel their warmth comfort me. 

The Gospel Homily of Fr. Joel Malcampo speak of NEW GROWTH and CROSSING-OVER. As i bid goodbye to my beloved TP, I cherish all the 14 years of marriage and the 6 years of friendship. I count my blessings, embrace the pain, learn from my mistakes, forgive, and cherish the fond memories with joy in my heart. 

“Audrey in Mrs. Pilar Castillo's Eulogy said: "Grief is the prize of Love!" I thank God for the love given to me and TP and all the blessings that came with it. In our Trials, TP always taught us: "MAHAL TAYO"! For TP - Jesus calls him: “Rejoice and be glad; your reward will be great in heaven!" (MBC)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment