FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Monday, November 12, 2018

Letters to the Editor: Concerns raise over 'Ang Probinsyano'

Dear Editor,
 
I am concerned with the show, “Ang Probinsyano”.
 
The prime time show starring Mr. Coco Martin as Cardo Dalisay is indeed a great show considering that masses in country and around the world (through TFC) continue to watch for three long years now. Cardo, a member of the Philippine National Police (PNP), now fights with Pulang Bagani which is a rebel group.
 
I first thought something was bad with the story last year when I had the chance to watch it while I was on my way home from work. Not until today that I have confirmed not only me notices the romantization of rebellious acts such as those seen in the said show. It appears that Cardo, along with the rest of Pulang Bagani, now becomes the hero and not the authorities to which he initially belonged.
 
“Ang Probinsyano” has consistently been on top in ratings which means majority of the Filipino households watch it, and this is alarming. Why? Over the years, it has successfully shifted from a pro-government to a pro-rebel show; thus, affecting the viewers’ perception on the existence of rebel groups such as CPP-NPA-NDF.
 
In real life, they burn establishments, steal goods, occupy lands illegally, and kill one another as well as civilians and government forces. This truth has to be portrayed in the show. I still cannot get over with the death of nine innocent people in Sagay, Negros Occidental.
 
I call on the PNP to review this show if possible. I have seen in the credits that Police Community Relations Group are acknowledged. I assume that the production of this kind for national TV has to have something that will benefit the government. Yes, “Ang Probinsyano” production is under private management, but the people in and behind it still has the moral duty to the nation as its citizens.
 
Let’s use it to relay the truth to our fellow countrymen. This is our chance.
 
Sincerely,
Rich Annika B. Madrillejos
OFW, Japan
queenmadrillejos@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment