FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Sunday, September 13, 2020

SUNDAY REFLECTION by Mayor Beng Climaco

Romans 13:8  

“Owe nothing to one another, except to love your neighbor!”

OUR LAST meeting with President Duterte took place last March at SMX. After the flight from Zamboanga City, I had lunch and tried this sabroso chicken buffalo balls at UCC, but had to rush to attend the meeting of all Mayors and Governors. 

Mayor Beng Climaco with First Gentleman Trifonio Salazar

The meeting ended and at past nine o'clock in the evening, I was very tired and sleepy (waking up past four o'clock in the morning to prepare for the meeting) but I finished my left over food from lunch which I enjoyed.

Thanks to videos online, we can learn how to execute the recipes we love. It was a weekend and Garnette and I with Mama Lu’s supervision explored the wonderful cooking adventure of what turned out to be more than delicioso from those buffalo balls I tried. My Kuya Joevic even gave his nod of approval. Thanks to Dynah Gochuco too for the TGIF Buffalo magic. 

Cooking is an opportunity to discover God-given talents by improvising and using our senses to create. What a joy for family and friends to savor a gift of genuine love. Thanks be to God and Mama Mary and St. Joseph!

Today, the Gospel Acclamation speaks of Jesus reconciling the world to himself and entrusting the message of reconciliation! In the Gospel of Matthew 18:15-20, reconciliation is elaborated in three steps - beginning with individual feedback, having the need of witnesses and reporting to the community in order to win the other. 

The need to “rebuke the delusional at the center to assert the truth to transgressors. A call to reconciliation before condemnation. Fraternal Communal correction by caring for those who have gone “astray” were emphasized in the Homily of Fr. Jet Villarin. 

Msgr. Chris Manongas shared the song “ Todo Kita Responsable con Otros!” And the gospel ends with two people or more agreeing in prayer to God! Thus, Our Heavenly Father will grant our prayers.

With the multitude of thoughts in my mind and the things I need to do, today’s reading speak to me about love. At the very heart is Jesus whom I need to reconcile, my neighbors of whom I have hurt and pray to reconcile and the need for truth in rebuking falsehood. 

Msgr. Manongas further exhorting to rid bitterness through genuine love. Bien dificil to live the call of Jesus for me to be genuine and authentic, to be corrected and to correct, but the message is that of care and love. I realized that the first step is to realize God’s immense love for me. I LOVE YOU VERY DEARLY! GO LOVE THY NEIGHBOR!


Like Us on Facebook: The Mindanao Examiner
Like Us on Facebook: The Zamboanga Post
Follow Us on Twitter: Mindanao Examine
Mirror Site: Mindanao Examiner Blog
Digital Archives: Mindanao Examiner Digital
Media Rates: Advertising Rates




No comments:

Post a Comment