FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Sunday Reflection by Mayor Beng Climaco

Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion. Reviled, use abusive language, mock, spit, are sufferings and great humiliation Jesus underwent because of His great love for us. Can we bear our cross and share in his suffering for love of Jesus? 

Mark 11:1-10; Isaiah 50:4-7; Psalm 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24; Philippians 2:6-11; Mark 14:1—15:47; First Reading Is 50:4-7.

The Lord GOD has given me a well-trained tongue, that I might know how to speak to the weary a word that will rouse them. Morning after morning He opens my ear that I may hear; and I have not rebelled, have not turned back. I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; my face I did not shield from buffets and spitting.

The Lord GOD is my help, therefore I am not disgraced; I have set my face like flint,

knowing that I shall not be put to shame. From different reflections such as that of Father Ben Y. Sim, S.J., the words reverberate on how Jesus is a perfect example of humility. His accusers “kept striking his head with a reed and spitting upon him!” 

From the jubilant welcome of palms to the passion. We are called to share in Jesus’ sufferings. If I look into my pains compared to the sufferings of our Lord, I am humbled. Perhaps we recall our sufferings and the causes it would be easy to give up, but I draw strength from Jesus. 

Na tiempo de cuaresma este Semana Santa yo puedo refleja mio sufrimientos comparando na sacrificio del Señor hinde pwede compara. Poreso ademas del maga dolor, aquellos que ta juzga, acusa, pelea y ta hace huya ta pwede iyo humildemente comparti na sufrimiento del Señor. Ta habla yo mio cuerpo el Señor Dios ya dale suyu vida para con migo, cosa lang man sufrimiento que yo ta sinti? Ay carga yo mio cruz con fe y amor con Dios mio Salvador!

“Christ became obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.” Philippians 2:8 My prayer this Holy Week is for us to offer our sufferings and be obedient to God till the end! We are able to bear our sufferings because Jesus led the way. Our problems in life purify us so we will hang on to God who alone can save us. 

NB: Today we celebrate the gift of life of PRRD, Myl Amsid and Christian Olasiman. We thank God for their blessing in our lives. (MBC)

Like Us on Facebook: The Mindanao Examiner
Like Us on Facebook: The Zamboanga Post
Follow Us on Twitter: Mindanao Examine
Mirror Site: Mindanao Examiner Blog
Digital Archives: Mindanao Examiner Digital
Media Rates: Advertising Rates


No comments:

Post a Comment