FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Friday, June 18, 2021

Sunday Reflection by Mayor Beng Climaco

Ezra 17:22-24 and Psalm 92:2-3, 13-14, 15-16

2 Corinthians 5:6-10 and Mark 4:26-34


IN THE 11th Sunday, we are to learn Jesus' teachings on the Seed and the Fig Tree. Our Lord scatters the seeds; though small it may begin but will grow to spread its branches to give shade. “To what shall we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable can we use for it? It is like a mustard seed that, when it is sown in the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on the earth. But once it is sown, it springs up and becomes the largest of plants and puts forth large branches, so that the birds of the sky can dwell in its shade.”
 

We are the seeds that God has planted, our talents, potentials and gifts can be measured by our generosity to allow Jesus to nourish them to be productive. As a little girl, I was very shy and did not have the courage to speak in classroom recitation. Bien huyain y silencio! Because of my mother's decision, I was blessed to study in the U.S. with my brother. It was a “cultural shock” for me to adjust in my adolescent road to independence. 

My mom’s sisters took care of us, and I am very grateful to my Ninang Pet and Tita Viony. I learned hard work, household chores and took on baby sitting and my first job on inventory at the Burlington Coat Factory. There were nights I would shake in fear of the next day, in a world totally different from home. I was bullied because I was Asian and did not give-in to peer pressure. I would miss my parents and Zamboanga City, but had to persevere to be able to finish High School. God sustained me till I graduated. I also learned from my classmates, who were outspoken because they knew their Bill of Rights. That experience gave me a VOICE.

God nurtures us to maximize our potentials. Desde un bata huyain y silencio, ya recibi yo el regalo de Voz. Por medio del Espiritu Santo, ya puede yo queda un maestra, hasta News Anchor na TV 11. El Dios ya abri camino para servi na Ciudad, na Consejo, y queda Vice-Alcalde. The capacity to know the Internal Rules and Procedures also gave me the opportunity to one day preside in Congress, by God's grace as Deputy Speaker. God is not yet done with me. Having 12 months more to serve as Mayor, I reflect on this as my prayer: Pag-aalay ng Puso (Minsan Lamang) Joe Nero - Nemy Que, S.J. 

Minsan lamang ako daraan sa daigdig na ito.

Kaya anuman ang mabuting maa'ring gawin ko ngayon.

O anumang kabutihan ang maari kong ipadama?

Itulot ninyong magawa ko ngayon ang mga bagay na 'to.

Koro:

Nawa'y h'wag ko 'tong ipagliban o ipagwalang-bahala,

Sapagkat 'di na 'ko muling daraan sa ganitong mga landas (http://choirmusicpage.blogspot.com)


Like Us on Facebook: The Mindanao Examiner
Like Us on Facebook: The Zamboanga Post
Follow Us on Twitter: Mindanao Examine
Mirror Site: Mindanao Examiner Blog
Digital Archives: Mindanao Examiner Digital
Media Rates: Advertising Rates




No comments:

Post a Comment