FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Sunday, October 10, 2021

OPINION: Sunday Reflection by Mayor Beng Climaco

THE LORD God said: "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a suitable partner for him." God in His love and goodness has instituted marriage and Family. From individuals joined by God to form a family. ME + We = US. We reflect on God's ways of uniting couples and forming a family as the church is formed.

Fr. Francis Bustamante, S.J., shared that in marriage, the spouses must remain TRUE = Trust, Respect, Understanding and Endurance. Marriage requires this and it is quite a challenge. Fr. Bill Abbot calls for greater understanding for couples whose marriage is difficult. Family life is precious and children are blessings amidst the struggle. 

(Yesterday), I shared with the virtual National Convention of the CLC Christian Life of the Philippines. I recall Oct. 18, 2013 right after the Zamboanga Siege, we were preparing and I noticed my husband losing his balance while tying his shoes. I was alarmed but tried to contain it, since the Family was waiting to surprise my husband on his 65th birthday. After the celebration, we rushed to the hospital where they discovered a clot in his brain. I stayed up with him as he was on a stretcher and later transferred to the room. All I could say was mahal tayo ng Dios! God loves us! 

Hanging on to Jesus, I called Dr. Rogelio Libarnes who recommended Dr. Willy Cruz, who scheduled a Burr Hole operation in his head. The operation was fast and by the time I returned, my husband was already at the recovery room. The next day, members of the CLC brought a priest and we prayed. That was an experience of how as a family we had to deal with a medical crisis. 

Forward today, a week ago, we had two close contacts, dear members of our household. Our eldest and her entire family also had Covid. (Last night), a dear friend expired due to Covid complications and I had to consult his grieving mother who is like a mother to us. (This afternoon), I got a call from my High School Teacher in isolation thanking us after assisting in the burial of her colleague who died of covid. I also had to talk to a mother because the family has Covid. 

What uncertain times we live. We as a couple, as a family, need to clasp our hands on bended knees hanging on to Jesus and praying to the Holy Family. My husband laments how a classmate of his lost three children due to Covid and the agony of bringing them to the hospital. Covid complications are very fatal. We pray for all families in crisis, to find hope, have faith in God with the enduring bond of love. All will be well in Jesus. Yesterday I heard the joyful voice of Tania, our eldest apo, she and her family are en route to recovery. (MBC)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment