FB MINEX FB MINEX FB MINEX Twitter Minex ISSUU Minex Press Reader Minex YouTube Minex

Friday, February 4, 2022

OPINION: Sunday Reflection by Mayor Beng Climaco (Zamboanga City)

THE SECOND reading defines Love. Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, it is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. “It does not rejoice in wrongdoing but rejoices with the TRUTH.”

My parents empowered me to speak-up and be a fiscalizer. Growing up in the U.S., I have gained frankness tempered by sincerity in what I express. My friends know me too well, that I will always be honest and state what is true. 

Just last week, I was struggling with an itchy throat and afraid of Covid, I could not retire. My brother shared a eulogy which bothered me because I was sighted and slighted wrongfully. I reviewed the facts and also as a Guidance Counsellor also checked on the effect, the UNNECESSARY BURDEN and hurt the person carries. 

During mass, I found these words encouraging. El Verdad debia sabe. Being sensitive to the situation, I pray for God’s grace to reach-out to the person as his “sentimiento” seems unfounded and the blame as most people do is on me. Keeping HURTS and grudges will only lead to misery. Amo se aquel ta habla sila ta “siembra el rabyo dol cana!” Na mas temprano tiempo debe corregi, because we might grow old carrying hurts which unfortunately is not the truth and not necessary. DIOS imbia tuyo PAZ! 

If only we had the capacity to reflect on what Jesus has shown it is the teaching of LOVE. It is the capacity to know where and who our priorities are and persevere amidst the set-back and put downs. How beautiful the last verse of today’s Gospel is; “But Jesus passed through the midst of them and went away.” The enemies of the LORD was about to harm him and throw him headlong. El SeƱor Jesus, ya dale mira su coraje, adelante suyo maga enemigo, ya pasa adelante canila y ya camina! WOW! Could I also muster enough courage as JESUS did and walk past my enemies? 

Christian Olasiman when pressed to react to critics, smartly stated: “I CHOOSE MY BATTLES!” In a way, this is what JESUS DID, he faced his enemies and walked past them. He did not dignify their threat nor their presence since JESUS had far better things to do and continue his mission. 

Hermanas y hermanos, aprende kita este Evangelio siguiendo con JESUS. No mas tiene miedo enfrenta di aton problema, aquellos que ta pone bajo canaton na di ila rabyo. We walk past them with faith in God’s loving grace, and do God’s Mission.

When VP LENI arrived at the City HALL, the mood was festive and the music and dance celebratory. I honoured the expression of joy from those around me and joined in the dance. It has been two years, we did not have the street dance, and hearing the drums and the joyful effort of the volunteers was also my way to be true to who I am and God’s gift of dancing. Bien mucho ya rabyo y negativismo na mundo. We should be honest and true in all we do. Jesus has led the way, may we walk past all who destroy and put us down and walk toward our God given mission with courage! (MBC)



No comments:

Post a Comment